Dog Adoption Information
We all love our furry friends, but sometimes there's some key thoughts you need to know or think of before adopting.
- I've spend time with this dog. I've gotten to play and we are both accustomed to each other and it is right for me.
- I have introduced my current dog and all the members of my household to the new dog.
- The financial responsibilities relating to having a dog and also to certain breeds. Average first year of cost is $1200.
- A dog will need to go to the vet at least once a year for vaccinations and check-ups.
- Time. You are going to have time to walk, love, play, and give them all the attention they need and deserve.
Dogs and puppies - $125.00 - This includes Spay/Neuter, Rabies, Heartworm test, 5:1 Booster, Bordetella, Deworming, and a County Dog License.
The shelter is putting a new procedure into place. If you are interested in adopting a dog the day that it becomes available you must visit and meet the dog before the dog’s availability date. If you have other animals and/or children at home you must bring them in for a meet and greet to see if they are compatible. Other factors may apply. Please call if any questions were not answered here.