Athens County Sustainability
The Athens County Sustainability Council will have an inaugural meeting on Monday March 25th at 6PM at the Athens Community Center
The Basic idea of the Athens County Sustainability Council is:
- Gather all entities that currently have sustainability plans and see where our individual plans overlap.
- Help more entities (local governments, businesses, non-profits, school districts, etc)
- Build a robust public education campaign around sustainability and the implementation of our plans.
- Collaborate on developing training opportunities that support our sustainability and the development and implementation.
- Collaborate on possible funding strategies for plan development and implementation.
- Network with other communities around the state, region and world working on sustainability.
- Make Athens County a leader in sustainable development in Ohio, the region, nation and globe.
Here are links to the sustainability plans that the council is aware of:
City of Athens
Village of Amesville
Ohio Health O'Bleness Hospital
If you would like to join the council, please contact County Commissioner Chris Chmiel at firstname.lastname@example.org