The Athens County Records Center houses records for many of the County departments and elected officials throughout the County. We assist and advise the departments with the management, storage, retention and disposition of these records. Records are a vital resource for the County and are used on a daily basis. By law, we are required to maintain the records and make the accessible to the public (O.R.C. 149.43(B)(2)). The Athens County Records Center commits to ensuring the availability and accessibility of the records not only for the County departments and elected officials but also to the public.
The purpose the Athens County Records Center is to alleviate some of these management concerns by providing storage, timely retrieval, facility security, document processing and legal disposal for those semi-active and/or inactive records generated as a part of the business government.
Benefits of the Athens County Records Center include:
- Microfilming records to reduce space, while protecting vital records and historical documents
- Secure records destruction accordance with the O.R.C public records guidelines
- Improved public access to those records transferred to the Records Center
- Improved productivity and space utilization for those offices served
- Archival security of all master microfilm
- Computerized indexing and tracking of County records
Location and Public Hours to the Records Center:
27 South High Street
Glouster, Ohio 45732
Monday-Friday, Closed on Federal Holidays
Records Center Clerk