1 S. Court Street, 2nd Floor; Athens, OH 45701
Curfew Officer Position/ Part-Time (20 hrs)
Functions as part of the Juvenile Community Control Staff of Juvenile Court.
- Work with Juveniles age 12-18 who are placed on Community Control
- Perform evening checks for curfews based on Community Control guidelines between hours of 8 p.m. 12 a.m. year round including weekends.
- Pay based on 26 pay periods per year.
- No accumulation of sick/vacation time.
- Perform curfew checks by phone or face to face home visits.
- Set up geographical areas for checks for time proficiency & modify as needed.
- Excellent documentation of checks and observations of curfew checks and maintain curfew check records.
- Deliver information to juvenile/family from the Court.
- Work in confidentiality regarding juvenile cases.
- Attend hearings as requested.
- Possess high tolerance in demanding situations.
- Set up/install/maintain electronic monitor equipment as needed.
- High School or GED diploma.
- Valid driver's license with insurance.
- Have good communication skills and legible writing.
- Dependable vehicle (employee will be paid mileage)
- Consent to a background check.
- No offenses regarding drugs/alcohol or criminal case filings regarding juveniles.
- Drug free workplace
- Work in adverse weather conditions.
- Physically able to do curfew checks in variable terrains.
Preferences will be given to applicants with community or professional juvenile experience and/or accredited educational credits.
Email resume Debbie Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org Athens County Juvenile Court
Deadline to apply is June 26th, 2015